Thursday, September 6, 2012

Liam makes a visit to The Big Apple!

So we just had a fun adventure last week.  Jason had some business in NYC so we decided to make it a family trip and take Liam.  There were definitely ups and downs but we survived and Liam did really good.  Some people have told us that this is the best time to travel before they are mobile and don't want to sit on the plane and I think they have a point.  Liam only got fussy a few times but slept majority of the flight.  The worst part is just the anxiety feeling you get when he starts to cry and you are not sure what is going to happen.
Here we are getting ready to board.  Looking good guys!
 On the plane ready to go.  Of course at this point you are getting 1 of 2 looks from everybody.  The 1st "oh that's a cute baby, but please don't let me be sitting by them."  The 2nd "Oh crap there's a baby on board!"  I totally sympathized with these poor defenseless people because I have thought both of those things!  Only time would tell if this would be the most miserable 4 hour flight of their life...or if we would all be pleasantly surprised by this babies amazing demeanor.  Luckily it was the latter.
 Here Liam is in his first Taxi ride!  Liam: Taxi ride?  I thought we were on a roller coaster or bumper cars!  Me: yeah that's how I feel too, but luckily I got through the motion sickness and we all survived!
 We got this hat for Liam a few weeks ago before the trip at H&M.  We knew we were going to Newsies and couldn't resist.  and look how stinking cute he is in it?!  
 The play was amazing!  Too bad Liam couldn't come but we were lucky enough to have some friends watch him while we went.  Thanks Tom and Joann!
 The people Jason came to do work with have a daughter that lives on Manhattan and made a dinner reservation at this fun place for us all.  When we were trying to find it we knew we were on the right street but there was absolutely zero signs of any restaurant.  We kept walking around and finally noticed a back door to a garden area open with sounds of a group of people.  Sure enough that was it.  You would have no idea this place was there unless someone told you, and even then you would have doubts.  There are no front doors, signs, or anything.  Needless to say the food was incredible!  I was a little nervous ordering because the way everything was prepared was completely new to me, using ingredients I have never heard of, but I was in heaven when it all came out.  Delicious.  This picture is also deceiving.  We had our own room downstairs away from the chaos upstairs but it was literally lit by candlelight.   The flash on my camera lit up the entire little room, otherwise it took a while for your eyes to adjust.  But it was really fun and cozy, and created a cool mood.  I will definitely be going back next time we visit.
 Liam spent a lot of time in the Baby Bjourn throughout the duration of the trip.  It was much easier then trying to roll the stroller through crowds of people.  Jason wore it pretty much the entire time, and he looked darn right sexy doing it!  Work it honey!
I was designated photographer. 

 Waffles and Dinges!  Yumm I highly recommend finding their truck if you are in Manhattan.
 My two handsome men!
 We stayed next to Bryant Park this trip.  It was a fun location, mostly because I love the garment district.  Even though I would never buy any of the designer clothes I sure do love looking at them!  

 Parsons school of Design
Some fun trivia about Jason is that he loves stadiums!  He will come back from his business ventures with pictures of basketball arenas, and football stadiums he visited in his free time.  So when other people are going to see historic sites, landmarks and such he is visiting sports sites.  I will have him do a blog post about it in the future because he literally has hundreds of pictures.  So of course we had to go see Madison Square Garden and get pictures of him and Liam.  He was so excited!  Liam was excited too, he just wont realize it until he is older.  ( ;
 We took a walk down the Hi-Line walk.  I had never been but it was really cool.  It is a great way to see the city!

 We walked past this building and I had to do a double take at the window!  haha I finally figured out it was a statue but it was pretty funny.
 I love this picture.  Jas is truly embracing the Baby Bjourn with his hand on his hip and everything!
 We had to get a pick in front of the Newsies sign with Liam in his hat of course!  You can see Liam is very thrilled to be there!
 A beautiful view of the city from Central Park
 Jas and I looking a little run down and tired.  I think this is the only pick we got together.
Oh my how things change when you have a little one.  All your focus and energy goes to them and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.
 Cute feet poking out and Yes I did have to kiss them!
 Liam: Mom I am sick of pictures.
Me: Ok well I just have to get a picture of you being sick of pictures because you look so cute. ( :

 Strolling down 5th Ave.  where we saw...
 The Rock
 St. Patricks Cathedral getting a face lift.
 I always forget what this is called but I call it "Strong man next to the Rock."
 Liam enjoying every second!
 He made it to Times Square!  Chipper as ever and ready to party!  Ha I don't think he will think this trip counts so we will take him when he is older and more alert!
Overall we had a really fun trip and I learned that there are actually a ton of really awesome and nice New Yorkers.  We had a few instances on subways, taxis, and restaurants that people were especially kind and helpful to us because we had a baby!  So Thanks New York, I am sure we will be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!!! I'm so glad Liam did well on the plane and he looks so darn cute in that Newsies hat!!! I absolutely LOVE that waffle cart! I bought a jar of their spread and I adore it haha. It looks like you guys are doing well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was waiting for you to post about this! It looks like it was so beautiful! I'm glad you guys were able to go and I love Liam's hat. :) It makes me smile. It will be fun to get a pic of Dad and Liam at the stadium together when Liam is older. LOVE you all!

    ReplyDelete