Friday, January 25, 2013

A very Happy Birthday!

(sing to the happy birthday tune)
Happy Birthday to Me! 
 I turned 23!  
Im a wife and a Mommy, 
and I love my dog Moz-zie!

Yup made that up all by myself. what-up!

So yesterday was my 23rd birthday and it was lovely!  Jason and I have had a tradition of setting up a birthday display for the other on our b-days and I have to say it is probably one of my favorite traditions of ours.  It's a combination of silly decor such as balloons confetti, our favorite treats, flowers, and its always corny which makes it so fun!  
Here is this years arrangement.  My favorite part were the balloons.  There were 23 until Mozzie popped a few, but Jason blew them all up by himself the night before.  I love it, and of course the roses are my favorite.  Receiving Flowers is my love language..and chocolate, and massages, and chocolate.   ( :
 Instead of a nice diner I opted for a brunch with my two handsome men!  Yum brunch is delicious and I got crepes for my b-day, can it get better?  No it cannot.






Also don't get out of control with your "pin it" buttons but wait till you get a load of this little beauty of a cake....I know it may seem obvious but don't feel bad if you can't tell that's a 23 on top spelled out in candles.  ( ;  
So last year my friend Stephanie made me a beautiful delicious cake and I wanted it again this year so I decided I could make it... Stephanie I should apologize for thinking so lightly of your talents, they are not easily replicated as you can see.  
The good news is it still tasted good!  Bad news is I will never fulfill my life long dream of being a cake decorator with my own show on TLC.  Bummer.  
Thanks to my sweetheart for making my birthday so sweet!  I couldn't ask for more.  

6 comments:

  1. :( read your email. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND why are you so funny? You should probably sell that song/poem to hallmark. and I pinned your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I don't know if I said Happy Birthday. I am a failure. But Happy Late Birthday!! Glad life is good! And I think I may want to try this cake that is so good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys make me laugh! Love and miss you both and think we should all get together and Steph will make cake!

    ReplyDelete