Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Freezing in Logan

Let me first start by saying Logan in the summer time is my absolute Utopia!  It is one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  That being said WHY DO WE LIVE HERE!  It is so cold and the inversion is suffocating.  Yesterday the news said the air quality here is the worst in the nation!!!  ahhh I can feel the lung cancer forming as I type this...
Bad air quality isn't our only problem.  Our temperatures have been dropping well into the negatives every night and our pipes are freezing!  I haven't had a kitchen sink for days because our drain froze!  Seriously... I didn't even know your drain could freeze, but it is a big old mess.  Our pipes have already frozen 3 times this winter but we have luckily gotten them unthawed before anything to serious happened.  With the drain frozen though I have been forced to do all the dishes by hand using buckets in the sink and under the sink.  Then I take them all outside and dump them.  Our dishwashing drain and sink drain are the same so they are both out of service.  I thought not having a dishwasher was rough but not having your kitchen drain is awful!  We have had a mini heater under our sink for a few days and there has been some improvement but still clogged!  Jason has tried everything from boiling water, rock salt, sticking a snake  down, and now the heater.  We are avoiding calling a plumber until we are positive we can't fix it ourselves, and when I say "we" I mean Jason 100%.  Except I don't want to pay for the plumber but I think I would rather have my kitchen sink functioning more...? Maybe? yes? no? ugh
Also the car broke down.  We just got it fixed too and put a large hunk of savings into it only for it to not start up the next morning.  I believe a large part of this has to do with the cold as well.  So as I am throwing my pitty part I am wondering about states, countries, tribes, penguin communities that are way colder than here.  How do they do it?

This is a picture from over a year and a half ago on the beautiful Island of Taiwan.  Oh how i wish I was there on that beach right now!!!

3 comments:

  1. Just try to imagine that you are living in beautiful winter wonder land like in Narnia. Bake lots of yummy treats and snuggle with Liam, Jason and Mozzie and remember you will be hot and sweaty in a few short months!!! By the way I turned my Christmas lights back on to help drive away my winter blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM FREEZING TOO! IT'S BEEN -10 EVERYDAY. -10. COME VISIT ME :) NO JK LET'S MEET IN MEXICO FEB. 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is rough! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete