Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Marrying Mr. Mom

One of the deciding factors of my decision to marry Jason came my freshman year in college.  I had received the swine flu after visiting Mexico and was so sick I could barely stand.  I didn't even want to drive home because the thought of getting in a car made me think I would die.  My parents were away on vacation and I was stuck.  That entire time Jason never left my side.  He got me to every doctors appointment, cooked every meal, filled my prescriptions and everything else you can think of.    I knew then that if he treated me this good, then he will be an incredible father someday.  Remarkably that was an understatement.

As soon as Liam came into this world Jas and him formed an incredible bond.  Jason took every opportunity to be close to him and was even jealous in my opinion about the time I got to spend feeding him each day.  (he might not admit this but I believe its true.)  If there was ever an opportunity for a bottle he was so excited to take it.  As much as he takes pride in supporting us and going to work I can't deny the frustration when he has to leave us each day.

As Liam has gotten older I have noticed the parenting responsibility even out especially when Jason is home.  He takes the lead and I became more of a helper.  Basically he gets home from work wants to know the details of what the baby ate that day, when he last was changed and then I turn into the assistant.  Sometimes I help out on a diaper, or getting food for the baby but he really does most everything.  Even at night he is usually the first one out of the bed when the baby cries or if anything is wrong.  When we travel he entertains Liam, walks him up and down the isles of the plane and feeds him.  Its a little embarrassing for me, Im sure people wonder if I am the laziest mother around...haha but the truth is he's just super dad and I am trying to keep up.

Bedtimes are my favorite.  After prayers it's Daddy and Liam time.  They sing primary songs and rock to sleep.  I couldn't be more grateful for these two in my life and grateful I married Mr. Mom.  Your amazing Jas, thanks for you example!



No comments:

Post a Comment