Friday, February 8, 2013

Sea World

On our recent visit to San Diego we went to Sea World.  It was Jason's and Liam's first time which is always exciting.  We also picked a great day because there was barely anyone there!  It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves and was a lot of fun.  
I'm not sure Liam loved this Otter character but at least he didn't freak out...He does have a pretty tight grip on daddy though.  
 Feeding the Rays is one of my favorite thing to do at Sea World.  It is a little slimy with the sardines but I absolutely love them sucking it out of my hand!  They are amazing creatures.  Just FYI a Ray is different than a Stingray because they don't have the barbs that sting.  Yup totally learned that from the lady at the side of the exhibit.  ( :
I could have done this all day!

 Handsome Liam watching the Dolphins. 
 Handsome Dolphin watching Liam.  He's in aww of Liam's cuteness!  
 My other favorite thing to do is play with sea enenimies.  I love touching them then they close up..then they open and i do it all over again!  so fun!
 Don't you just love that hat?  ha it cracks me up but he looks cute, and he obviously can't get enough of the ties.  
 Oh hello there Mr. Turtle!
and the one eyed Sea Lion! 
 and the flamingos!
 Time for some sun screen...
 Watching killer Whales fly out of the water doing all sorts of tricks is always amazing but it's a little bitter sweet.  I love having the opportunity to go learn and see these amazing animals but I think I would prefer them all to be in the wild.  As big as those tanks are they don't even come close to the magnitude of the Ocean.  It would be like living in one small room your entire life when your accustomed to traveling the world!  
 This Sea Lion would be great on Drill Team!  My coach would love if we all could have lifted our heads like that when performing and called to attention!!!
 Liam enjoyed the Shamu show
 Liam with Auntie Janene and his new Penguin she and Grandma Joan got him.
Obviously I had to come back to the Sting Rays to say goodbye.   
 And we found this little monster on the way out and just had to buy him he is so darn cute and cuddly...well kinda cuddly...when he's tired....or asleep ( :

More of our trip to come...

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love the seal! Drill team... a ten hut! He would be perfect. Think about that phrase for a minute... a ten hut? I don't even know if that's how you spell it, but it's a weird phrase. It looks like you had an awesome trip! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha it is a funny phrase! You could use this picture as an example for your team! Lol

    ReplyDelete