Saturday, June 2, 2012

Our New Life!

Oh my goodness we have gone through some changes these last few weeks.  It is amazing to be a new parent and definitely the hardest thing I have ever done!  I have always said though the hardest things in life are the most rewarding and that is the truth!  I never knew it was possible to be this in love with your precious child.  Even after being covered in spit up, poop, and pee I couldn't be happier.  He is the most precious little guy and I wish I could just cuddle with him all day.  It is breaking my heart to see how much he has already changed in just a few short weeks.  It makes me more aware I need to savor every second with this handsome little guy.  I try to remember that in the middle of the night when I think I am going to fall over I am so tired and just praying he will go back to sleep.  I keep thinking of that country song, "Your gonna miss this."  The lyrics go, "You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast."  Its true.  I already recognize that I will soon miss these days, no matter how hard or exhausting they may be.

Our little boy is pretty amazing.  I can't believe how strong he is.  I am pretty sure if we arm wrestled he would put up a good fight.  This of course makes getting him dressed and changing his diaper difficult.  He can kick like a horse!  He also makes it his personal goal to try and pee on you every time you change his diaper!  and he is usually successful.  No matter how you try to outsmart him he figures out how to soak you.  Sometimes you don't even know how or when it happened.  You think you succeeded and hold him up all clean and look down and see your shirt is drenched.  If that's not a prodigy in the making I don't know what is.  I am considering investing in some ponchos, and creating a blue (wet) zone around his changing table.


I have also been learning to avoid getting spit up all over me.  I am usually unsuccessful but am making progress.  Between the spit up, pee, and occasional poopy blow out Liam and I go through a few outfits a day.  I think our record is 5 for him 3 for me.  This is especially difficult for me because I don't fit into my clothes yet and my outfits are limited!  Let me just say laundry has become a daily routine!  Jason also has received his fair share of spit up, pee, and poop on him.  When it does happen to him I usually laugh my head off and less than ten minutes later the same thing happens to me.  Karma!  The only one who has seemed to escape is Mozzie.  

I definitely couldn't have survived these last few weeks without the help of my incredible husband, and mother.  Jason has been wonderful to help me in the middle of the nights.  Even though he can't feed Liam.  He still helps with diapers and trying to get Liam back to sleep.  It means so much, and is a huge blessing for me.  Also my mom has been a life saver.  I have learned to appreciate mothers so much more through my pregnancy and the birth process but its amazing to see how much my mom still helps and does for me.  I promise I have the best mom in the world!  

We have been lucky enough to have lots of family come visit us including Jason's parents for a couple of nights.  They were wonderful to also help us out and let us get a few more hours of sleep.  Liam is so blessed to have loving grandparents on both sides that think the world of him.  I love seeing him with them and am grateful for both our parents and all they do.  Jess, Joan, Gary, and Chris we love you and don't know what we would do without you!  You are all amazing, thank you for everything you do!

On a sad not one of my best friends in Logan moved today.  Stephanie and her husband are off to Minnesota for grad school.  I am so excited for them but don't know what I am going to do without Stephanie.  We have gotten very close the last 3 years and will miss her like crazy.  She has taken all our wonderful pictures the past few years and we hurried to make sure she could get some of Liam and the family before she left.  The good news is Jason has business in Minnesota so hopefully we will go out and see them soon!  Can't wait!  Good Luck Stephanie and Jon!  Thanks for your love and friendship and soooo many fun memories!  


Here are some family pictures in a poppy field Stephanie found in the Island.  If you don't know what the Island is it is in Logan south of USU.  We were lucky because similar to our family pictures in the fall in front of the colorful wall of leaves these poppies only last a few days!  It was so beautiful!  






 Here are some of our handsome little guy at 1 week old.  Stephanie is amazingly patient to get some of these shots because he is pretty stubborn and like I mentioned before strong!  It can be really hard to pose him and get him to stay that way.  It took many hours!
 And what may I ask is even harder than posing a newborn?  Posing a newborn and a puppy!











12 comments:

  1. Janae, your baby is adorable! Congratulations!! You have the most darling little family! I love reading your blog, thanks for posting pictures!! He is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We sure do love him a lot! I miss seeing you in class, and hope all is well!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Janae! Your family is beautiful! Liam is such an adorable baby with a studly little personality already. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa! Thank you, your so sweet! I hope your doing well!

      Delete
    2. I just had a baby girl a week or so after Liam was born so it's fun to hear about another "new mommy" experience from a friend.

      Delete
    3. oh my goodness that is so exciting! congrats!!! i hope your adjusting well! do you have a blog?

      Delete
    4. I do! If you send me your e-mail address I can give you an invite. vstratton63@comcast.net

      Delete
  3. I couldn't help but just smile as a read all about your gorgeous Liam and looked at those incredible pictures. You are a beautiful family and you look so happy! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you! Hope we see you soon!

      Delete
  4. Aw...this is sweet. we love you guys and hope you're doing good. I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed your comment about using a poncho in the wet zone! Liam would be the perfect baby boy to test such a product! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete