Saturday, September 17, 2011

Top of Utah Marathon! "Revised by Jas face"

For the last 5-6 months my brother Brad and I have been preparing for the Top Of Utah "TOU" Marathon here in Logan, Utah. I know crazy right..what would ever possess us to do something like this on our own!? ha. The desire, motivation, and goal to run a marathon started out when I was a young boy handing out water cups as early as I can remember during the St. George Marathon that passes through my little hometown of Veyo, Utah. I have had two siblings run a marathon before (Ben & Laurie). Brad and I were both not getting any younger so I decided to make a goal of running it this year, miraculously convince Brad to do it with me, and fulfill my talk with action and not allow my dream of running one to never be acted on. I was blessed to live in a valley that is surrounded by beauty which helped motivate me to get out and enjoy the surroundings we were blessed to live by..the losing weight and getting back into shape part helped too :) !!

Here is the Broski and I the night before the race...
We seriously had no idea what was about to hit us physically, mentally, and mother nature"ly."
I heard rain drops as I laid awake most of the night before getting up at 4. As soon as the wheelchairs
took off the down poor or rain began. We were ringing out our shirts, running in water and wet shoes
for the first 14 miles of the race...I know right, LUCKY!!!

This was by far the hardest physical thing I have ever done and the mental part follows pretty close
behind that physical aspect of it all. We supported each other throughout the race, fed off of great people
cheering us on, and finished together.



Here is my Luva and proudest supporter with me after getting home!!! This is my sweet TOU moose medal, I think I was more stoked for the 26.2 sticker!

Here is a video Janae Nae made of Brad and I crossing the finish line. Turn up the volume..she is cheering really loud and I want you to get the full effect of just how much she loves me!!! You are the best babe!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hey I was there...standing like 10 feet from you :-) My brother was only about 8 minutes in front of them. What a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! I like your poster you made to cheer him on :) But I thought you were going to roller blade along side him, with me tied around your waist on a wagon so I could take pictures! Just kiddin but AMAZING JOB JASON! I couldn't do that. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Jason!! I loved the video with Janae cheering you on. Congratulations on achieving your goal of running a marathon. We are PROUD of you!!! Joan and Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome Melissa i wish i would of seen you! Congrats to your brother!

    Steph it was raining and hailing the first half of the marathon so I didn't want to ruin your equipment lol!

    Thanks Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete