Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Zealand North Island Adventures

I love Hobbiton.  It's what I imagine my heaven to be like.  Cottages built into the earth covered in grasses, shrubs, and flowers .  Also being such a small person myself it felt even more perfect.  I also love hearing the behind the scenes details of making movies so this was probably my favorite part of New Zealand.  I was so sad when it ended and would go back in a heartbeat.  I would even consider being a groundskeeper just so I could be there all the time. 
 Bilbos Home!  Isn't it dreamy?  The brick detail around the doors and windows and the stained glass windows with pewter outlines! So much love!
 My little Hobbits.


 Mikey loved that everything was his size, except when the tour was moving on he would get quite angry until the next hobbit home.








Lake Rotorua from our rental home.  


Oh those New Zealand Pastures going on for days and days dotted with Sheep. 



Wairere Falls was a beautiful hike that according to Jason was short.  Well he was correct, but he left out STEEP INCLINE.  So my mom and I were speed walking to try and see it and get back to the car with the grumpy chidlers when we both hit a point where we thought we were going to die.  Our poor little hobbit legs were burning, we were cursing Jason for not being more specific, but determined to make it!

SO WORTH IT! 

I got to practice some fun camera techniques on the way down and really love how these shots turned out.  Pretty sure they should be framed in a bathroom somewhere. 😊
Mikey being Mikey in the bush.
From the parking lot of our hike thinking it doesn't look so far away.  😅

Michael working on his photography skills.  Loving the framing with his fingers.  


Our last day we hung our in Tauranga and explored some of their beautiful beaches.  
 I have never seen so many beautiful shells in my life! Sadly most were broken but we found a few perfect beautiful ones!

New Zealand you were incredible!  One of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life.  So grateful I had the opportunity to experience this with my family and parents.  Such an incredible adventure. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful we have had an opportunity to visit this very special part of the world. Thanks Janae and Jason, it would never had happened with out you guys venturing off into the sunset!!!

    ReplyDelete