Tuesday, July 16, 2013

One of the Perks of being a Mormon!

Chances are if your are a Mormon you have been given or received a plate of goodies!  Its kind of our signature thing.  It is also one of my favorite parts of living in a dense Mormon populated suburb.  Just yesterday I was craving cookies but we were out of eggs.  Not too much later a sweet family showed up at our door with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.  My heart jumped for joy!  
Now this could be the end of my story and it would still be a great example of kind neighbors but that's just a small part.  This was not any ordinary family.  This was a family who has endured some of life toughest trials in the past few months.  I have watched them go through such hardship and trial.  Through it all they have been incredible examples to me and others.  Not only have I greatly admired them but now they were standing at my door, bringing my family cookies.  
I can't describe how touched I was and also how humbled.  I had to take a good look at myself and ask "what am I doing to serve others?"  and "what's my excuse to being idle when others are serving me?"
I am so grateful for this family and the influence they have had on me in such a short time of knowing them.  They are people that have truly impacted me for the rest of my life just by their example.  So if your reading this take a challenge and make a plate of cookies or something to take to someone else, you never know what it could mean to them.  
And who wouldn't want that deliciousness???


1 comment:

  1. Great story ... great friends ... great cookies ... great religion!

    ReplyDelete