Saturday, June 1, 2013

Our Crazy Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Weekend we were planning on having some of Jason's family come and visit.  This is a huge deal for me because company totally stresses me out, but we all live so far a part so it was great getting to spend time together.  It was a weekend of definite craziness but a lot of great memories.  At one point we had 13 people plus 7 dogs here and my house seemed tiny all of a sudden.  To understand how crazy the weekend was let me build you a timeline.

THURSDAY NIGHT:  I decided to pack on as much stress as possible before all the company arrived and decided to host card club at my house.  I sincerely thought it would be quick and not many people would be able to make it because of the upcoming holiday weekend.  Ha. Ten woman showed up and during the 9 months I have been in card club there has been maybe 2 kids that came with their moms.   Well this time we had 9 kids running in and out of the house and my husband became the instant baby sitter.  Did I mention he is pretty amazing? Well he is!  So by the time that was over we both looked like deer in the headlights and were ready for a wonderful relaxing weekend...

(The Plot thickens and very eery music starts playing while your thinking, What's going to happen next?)

A few hours later the first brother arrives with his girlfriend Lindsey who is very, very, very, car sick..or so we thought.  Lindsey has just become our first 24 hr flu victim...

zzzZzzzZzzz

OWWW! FRIDAY MORING 2 AM:  We are awaken by a loud shrieking howl!  (I should explain that I have been fostering a pregnant Chihuahua that I call Milli. Did I mention my husbands amazing? Well he is!)  I jump out of bed and run to the room Milli's in.  She is crying and runs up to me in terrible pain.  I try to calm her and all of a sudden hear a second set of crying.  I look below her and there is a puppy half way out coming onto my leg!  (I am saving the rest of this story for a seperate blog post so long story short of the next 3 hours 3 puppies were born and I felt like I had been hit by a bus..train..something large and I was definitely ready for a nice relaxing weekend.

In the morning is when we discovered Lindsey definitely had more than just car sickness but she was starting to do better and we got ready for the next family to arrive.  That afternoon we welcomed the second brother Brad his wife Meagan, and their three kids Faith, Kelton, and Kaison.  The rest of the afternoon went fine, we bar-b-que'd, talked, the girls went to the store and got ready for the next day.

That night we slept as well as you can sleep with 4 kids under the age of 5 in the house, plus 5 dogs, 3 of which are just barely a day old.

SATURDAY:  We had grand plans to go have a pic nic at Tony's Grove up the canyon.  Obviously Jas and I haven't lived here long enough because if you look at the tops of the mountains there is still a little snow.  So when we turned up the road and saw where we were headed it was obvious this was going to be a chilly pic nic.  Almost everyone was in shorts, the kids were in flip flops, and we had two sweaters total.  When we pulled up to the lake and saw ice chunks our sweet niece asked us if we had ever been to Palm Springs?  Lol no but I wish I was there now!  Meanwhile in the other car my dog Mozzie had thrown up all over Tylers girlfriend Lindsey...he gets very car sick.  I felt so bad and Im sure she is just thrilled to be spending the weekend with this crazy bunch!

Tony's Grove was still pretty and we still did our pic nic but just shorter than we expected.

When we got back the third brother arrived Jeremy with his wife Jenn, son Cole, and two more dogs!  More bar-B-Q, playing cousins, and the tally has officially arrived to 8 adults, 5 kids, 7 dogs! (ahhh)

That night we have our second flu victim, Tyler.  Everyone felt a little doomed at that point.

SUNDAY:  I wake up and became the third flu victim.  It was terrible and Jason had to completely take the reins getting everyone to church, cooking dinner, and keeping everything going!  Did I mention he's amazing?  Well he is!  I don't have much to say about Sunday because I barely left my bedroom but it seemed to go well.  Sunday night we had our fourth and fifth flu victims, Brad and his youngest son Kaison.  They were up all night and exhausted in the morning.

MONDAY:  Monday was Brads birthday!  Ha poor guy, Happy Birthday, enjoy the flu?  We had a big breakfast and then mostly everyone packed up and left.  By Monday night Jas and I were wiped out!  Did I mention he's amazing?  You know he is!

I feel like we are still recuperating as you can see it took me a few days to even blog about it.  It really was a great weekend, there is nothing better than family.  We are grateful for everyone making such long drives to come see each other and spend time together.  We are blessed!








No comments:

Post a Comment