Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Preparing for Baby!

Now that schools all over and done with I am doing my best to prepare for the baby to come!  I made some freezer meals that I found on Pinterest!  They are crockpot freezer meals and most the ingredients overlap which made shopping a lot easier!  Chopping up everything took a lot longer than I expected.  Next time I will do it with a friend and split it all up.  Here is the link if you are interested, http://kojo-designs.com/2012/04/getting-organized-a-whole-months-worth-of-meals-via-crockpot-freezer-cooking/.    
Were also continually working on the baby room.  I had my friends sister do some sketches of a young boy playing with a schnorkie in different scenarios!  I framed them and think it turned out darling!  
I have been working hard on my domestic skills and made this car seat canopy!  It's definitely not perfect but it was fun to make and really easy for a beginner like me!  Again here is the link where I got my directions.  http://www.make-it-do.com/tag/car-seat-canopy-pattern/


We had an old cork board and I wanted to make it cute for the baby room.  I got some fabric on sale at Hobby Lobby, and some spray paint and went to work.  It was pretty easy all you have to do is pull out the staples holding the cork to the frame.  Then I spray painted the frame very slowly to make sure it was even.  It took a few coats but I avoided dripping and uneven spots.  Then I just used hot glue to attach the fabric, and then reattach it to the frame.  
Before
After
I had to throw in this picture of Mozzie sleeping on his bone pillow!  He's just so darn cute!
I got these letters at Hobby Lobby for $1 each and decorated them with scrap book paper, ribbon, and a button.  I was really excited about them, and we hung them above the crib.  What do you think?

For all the really hard stuff such as assembling the crib, changing table, dresser, as well as painting, and hanging up things all the credit goes to Jason!  He has worked so hard on this nursery and I am so grateful for his help!  It has made it special doing it together and we really love it in there!  Now we just need our precious little guy to make it perfect!  Can't wait, hopefully not too much longer!

2 comments:

  1. So so so cute janae! Such fun things :) love it. I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were for sure nesting that week!!

    ReplyDelete