Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break Hangover

Well we have been back from spring break for two weeks and it is still really hard to get back into the swing of things. It got me so excited for summer, and warm weather. I am really having a hard time cracking down for the last few weeks of school and pushing through to the end. We had such a fun spring break though! We were lucky enough to go to Disney World and for those of you who know my family you know how big of fanatics we are. Especially my parents, they love that place! My mom is probably one of the most fun people to go with because she has the most energy there! She knows the parks like the back of her hand and is usually one of the last one's to leave, even if it's two in the morning! We got to go with Jared, Emily, Halle, and Eli too and that was so much fun! There was also some new things in the parks that i didn't know about this time. My absolute favorite was they got a new light show on the castle at night. It is hard to explain but basically they have a projector that puts images on the castle and can make it look like its different colors, made of different, materials, pictures of people in the park that day, or like it's shrinking and expanding! I am not doing it justice but it was amazing!!! Also we were surprised by ESPN being in Hollywood studios one of the days we were there! (I'll let Jason blog about that.) and my new favorite thing is in Epcot they set up these Kim Possible missions in all the countries and you have to solve crimes. You get a small cell phone that calls you and sends you video messages of where to go, and what to look for. Things you wouldn't expect if you weren't paying attention are all interactive like doors, window displays, statues! I am not even a kid but i thought it was super cool! An entire window display would spin around revealing some message, that i had passed a ton of times and never noticed before! Way cool!


ooh this is one of my favorite things at animal kingdom. Her name is Di'vine and she comes on stilts on this path with a ton of trees and wraps herself around them so you can hardly see her. I don't know why but I think she is soo cool, and I want to be her! lol




We love Mickey and Minnie!

I love this pic of Emily and Eli in front of the castle!



Oh man, oh man did this little girl make our trip a blast. She is at the perfect age where everything is sooo exciting and magical. She was so much fun to go with! This is her in her signature princess pose!





Haha I love this picture! So Halle's favorite ride was Tower of Terror! I was shocked when I found out! She went on it so many times I lost count, but can you see her and grandma in the back row? LOL!!! You will never find anyone who loves Disney more than these two!!!



Good thing she had a comfy uncle to carry her while she took an afternoon nap!

One of the things we did a lot of this trip is look for hidden mickey's. We had a book to help us but were surprised at how difficult some of them were to find. You can't tell from these pictures because my mom had a good zoom on her camera but a lot of these mickey's are very far away or very small! These are just some of my favorites we found. Can you see them all?




This one's the hardest, mickey is looking through the leaves...

Character Breakfast



Epcot is always beautiful but this year we got to go during the spring garden festival, so they had a lot of extra gardens and characters made out of flowers. It was really beautiful. One of my mom's favorite things is working in the garden with good soil and flowers. She says the best dirt she has ever worked with and seen is at the temple and Disney world. It is true there flowers are always gorgeous and they have the prettiest arrangements in their gardens.






Meet the newest chef of the restaurant in France(Epcot France) Chef Remy! Chef Remy comes out to make sure your meal is going well and visit with everyone at the table! I thought this was so cute, Disney is really good with coming up with little fun things to put in there parks.


We are so blessed to have been able to go, and we had a lot of fun! Thanks to our wonderful family for making it so memorable, love you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! Your mom is so adorable, I miss her and you! You need to come down and visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time!! So Glad you guys were off for spring break just in time for this trip!! Thanks to Dad for having conventions in Orlando!! Magical Momments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of how often you guys go there! Seriously. It's been forever since I've been! I've heard of that Kim Possible Mission experience thing and it sounds so fun!! A fun thing to add to someone who's been there a lot. :) I really enjoyed this post... although it made me want to go back even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janae! I'm so happy i found your blog! It looks like you had a wonderful trip, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janae,

    Your pictures were so much fun to look at. Thanks for posting them. I love the one with your mom and Halle on Tower of Terror. Yes, I think they both LOVE DISNEYLAND!! Hopefully I'll be able go with you guys sometime. I love Di Vine!! She is my favorite too!

    Love You,
    Aunt Janene

    PS Tell your mom she has to sign her name if she posts under Anonymous. LOL

    ReplyDelete