Friday, March 18, 2011

Dear Jane and Emily

All the way back in December I came home one day to find a cute little bag of goodies on my door step. Keep in mind this is the Christmas season so getting goody bags from your neighbors is common. I was excited and took the bag in and started to read the note attached. It was one of the nicest thank you notes I have ever received. It talked about how they wouldn't have made it through the semester without me, and how much they would miss me, and hopefully our paths would cross again, and signed love Emily. I immediately got this sick awful feeling inside because I had no idea who this Emily was. Granted I have a sister in law named Emily and a few friends on campus but not to the extent of leaving me this kind of note. What kind of person am I that i can't even remember a person I left this sort of impact on? The weirdest part was there was four dollars attached to the note as well. Over the next few hours of feeling disgust for myself in forgetting this person I took a closer look at the note and saw it was not to Janae, but Jane! A flood of relief washed through me as I realized this person obviously really didn't care for me that much if they didn't even know my name, or this wasn't for me at all. I figured it was probably the second one and a small memory came to mind when a girl showed up at my house returning a textbook to Jane and we found out her apartment was actually behind mine but we both had the apt # 305. So I set out trying to deliver this small goody bag (unfortunately before I found out this was not for me Jason ate some of the goodies) with the nice note and $4 dollars over the next few days but Jane was never home. After the Christmas break I forgot about it for a while...(2 months) and then guiltily found it, (by this time i had to throw away the treats) and tried to take it to Jane again. Someone finally answered but it was not Jane! They informed me the former tenant moved December and they don't know where.
So the point of this whole story is Jane and Emily if you are out there somewhere I still have your $4 dollars and nice note, and I feel so bad Jane never got it! and I hope you don't think Emily was cheap because she did try to give you back your $4 dollars, and if your paths ever do cross again I hope you figure this out and don't hold it against her!

No comments:

Post a Comment