Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back to reality! and I turned 21 Woo hoo!!

Some B-Day Pics





Well we are into our third week of the Spring semester and so far we are trying to find our motivation that seems to have run away after Fall finals. Hopefully it shows up soon because our first exams are starting to peep around the corner and we need to get going! I have been blessed with a slightly easier schedule than I had last semester and that has helped but Jason is as busy as ever! He has a lot more work this semester and less school and he seems to like that better so that is good. I am always so impressed with how hard he works and how positive he always is. He balances me out a ton and I am really grateful for that. Work for me has been going really good and I am loving it as much as ever. We started a new session and that has helped bring in a lot more families which means a lot more kids for me to watch! This definitely has its pros and cons but I am lucky the majority of my kids are awesome! They always impress me in new ways each and everyday. Even when we seemed overwhelmed with kids the older ones step up and take responsibility for the younger ones by pretty much by instinct. It is something I absolutely love about the Latino culture. I can't count the number of times one of our young boys (around 8-10) that can be really hard to handle and will see one of the babies crying and like the flip of a switch go over pick up the baby and calm it down. Then when the baby is happy again they go back to being rough little boys. It is the most incredible thing to watch and experience. I love how everyone looks out for one another and treats everyone like family. It makes going to work like going to a family reunion everyday and i love it!

This last weekend Jas and my family spoiled me for my 21st birthday! (January 24th fyi ( : ) On saturday my family drove up to Maddox and we got to have dinner together. I love anytime i get to spend with them especially my nieces and nephews and Jared and Emily were awesome enough to come with my parents and bring Halle and Eli! My parents also brought Alyvia and it was so much fun! My mom being the amazing mom that she is even brought balloons and cupcakes, haha everyone thought it was one of the little girls birthday but i was proud to be turning 21 with beautiful balloons and cupcakes! It really was the best and would have been the perfect birthday at that but Jason continued to make it incredible on monday as well! When i got home from school our entire home was clean and the laundry was all done. Jason made a beautiful cake and even made a flower arrangement! He arranged my gifts on the table and made everything so special. We went on a perfect date and it was just the best day ever! Im am so grateful for such a wonderful, thoughtful husband that takes time to make me feel special.

Well were ready for winter to be over and are also super excited for this May because 1. Jason graduates!! 2. Its summer! and 3. WERE GOING TO TAIWAN!!!! we can't wait! Just counting the days!

1 comment:

  1. i am glad you had a good birthday! I sure do miss you!! We really need to get together next time you are here! Love you girlie :)

    ReplyDelete