Saturday, November 20, 2010

Closer to a real "Break"

Snow....Snow.....Snow... It is finally here and in full force as it so proudly affecting me and Janae driving back from different locations to meet back up in Logan!! It was pretty sweet how my 3 hour drive turned into a 4 and half hour drive..plenty of time to ponder, pray, and hope nothing bad happens to anyone with the messy weather!! Nae is getting close to home and I'm praying like crazy that everything will be alright..bless her heart for making the drive alone and in the snow.she's the greatest!! School is coming along for both of us as we are doing all we can go get through this semester alive!! Thanksgiving and Christmas break will be very much needed and enjoyed on all levels, I cannot wait!

I was able to go out to Roosevelt this weekend for a cool opportunity to do a class on the Taizhong, Taiwan missionaries that were called there for their Stake mission weekend. It was a lot of fun acting as a little mission president and talking to them about the mission, people, food, culture, etc.. Having received the invite to do this for quite some time it brought back so much reflection and gratitude to my savior and father in heaven for the mission I was called to serve and labor in. It has greatly enriched and blessed my life more than I could ever imagine. Not only on the gospel standpoint but I have gained brothers and hero's throughout that 2 year experience that continue to lead by example and help me more than they know in my every day life. It truly is the greatest mission on earth and I think about it everyday!! Hard to believe I have already been home for 2 and half years..sheeesh!

Tomorrow is Sunday which means spending time with Janae..YES - we have grown to love cooking meals with each other - obviously she is the better cook and is super patient with my inabilities to do some things but it is always a blast to see what we can come up with! Outside of that obviously it is a day of rest and worship which will happily be starting at 6:30 in the morning! Things are going great and I could not be happier with life..we are continually blessed and I'm sure it is even more than we realize! Always need to cherish every memory and moment you have with those you love and cherish..make them special and think of ways to make that person as happy as can be. True happiness comes as you labor and serve for the happiness of others!! TTTF

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jason its good to know that you are still alive, I found your blog on Dani's and couldn't help but read it. Its so fun to know what is going on with old friends lives and it definitely sounds like you are doing great, your wife is beautiful and you 2 seem to have so much fun together and such a deep respect for one another!! Anyways it was fun to happen upon this and hope everything is going good!

    ReplyDelete