Monday, February 22, 2010

Reading Two: JCOM 2160

Six steps to Resume 2.0 How to avoid common resume mistakes ONLINE RESOURCES:

After reading each of these sections I was quickly reassured that resumes are very important and unique for each individual. There was a lot of great points I liked and will implement in my near future to hopefully help me get the edge on other competitors. Focusing on achievements, marketing myself, and keeping the layout concise and to the point will help me in making that good first impression. Another portion I liked was in regards to references, don't put them on the resume unless you are asked. If you are asked put them on a separate page and then have the most qualified reference, preferably a CEO call the interviewer prior to your scheduled interview with them. When something out of the ordinary but perfectly appropriate is done is leaves a lasting impression.


Resumes are tools that can consistently be updated and changed to match the needs of those you're applying to. when you update or write your resume there needs to be a different mindset of realizing what this is used for. Using links, creating formats, adding blogs and facebook accounts were all things I never considered before. There are a lot of little things you can do and taking the time to do those little things will definitely set you apart.

1 comment:

  1. This would be helpful for Jory. I will pass it on.

    ReplyDelete